Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sunshine Daydreaming



This is our home away from home. It is our newly purchases timeshare in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico, just a stones throw from Cozumel. We have a tiny penthouse (top floor) timeshare in the thrid phase of the Royal Resorts Hacienda.


Timeshares are something that I have heard about for many years and have know many people who owned them, but never had the opportunity myself. When Rick and I went to the Haciendas that first day we knew that we would be faced with a sales pitch to purchase and had fortified ourselves and girded our loins. We were not going to seccom to their expert sales tactics. After all we were sales people, we new what we were about to be faced with.


Well it didn't take them long to sell us our new little home. After all we had to get this over with and get back to the beach. We were wasting good fresh air, sun and sand. So why did we buy after we had made up our minds not to? First of all, it was so affordable. It would be ours, we get a deed of sorts, for 50 years. The beauty was breathtaking. And we just got excited about thinking that this was our home away from home. We had fallen in love with the timeshare experience that week thanks to our lovely friend Frances who so graciously inivted us down to stay with her for a week.


Because we were trying to be so economical we only bought it for every other year, which means we don't get to go back this year, but next. But one great benefit to the Royal Resorts is that we can go on their specials any time we like. An amazing inexpensive week long vacation for pennies on the dollar.


I'm daydreaming about Mexico because my feet are cold sitting here in my office with the tundra outside. I'm a beach person. I do love the mountains, but I simply feel at peace at the beach.


Soon, my little home away from home. I'll see you soon...


Nancy Jackson, daydreamer extraordinaire

DAY JOB LINKS...
Dreams Do Come True
Dragonfly In Amber Designs
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment