Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boys Boys Boys

February 4, 2010



Now boys on the other hand are all about food! No - LOL - but men are more about the physical comforts of life. You would never catch a man wearing 3' spike heals until their feet bled just because they looked good! I'm not sure if a gun to their head would even make them do that! But you can always touch a mans heart through his stomach! But God did create men, tall boys, uniquely from girls.


I've raised two sons and one daughter. I now have 8 grandchildren, 6 of which are boys!!!! I have two precious girls which are like bookends to the boys. One granddaughter is my oldest grandchild and the other is my youngest grandchild. So when I say this I speak from experience.


I believe that God created boys and girls distinctly different for a reason. Of course there are exceptions to the rule and nurture does play a large part in directing what nature started, but for the most part boys and girls have distinct differences in their genetic make-up.

When my youngest granddaughter came along we were all so tired of blue and boys that we binged on pink. EVERYTHING went pink. And of course fluffy and frilly and fru fru... Well, I don't know if it was nature or nurture, but Kenley is the prissiest girliest girl I know for 2 years of age. She has sat still for mani and pedicures for a year now. I can't even get a boy to sit still for a quick buzz haircut!

Boys are all about action. How many times have you heard a man say in relation to a movie, play or tv show, "Does it have any action?". You really could strip all the plot out and just leave the bang bang shoot 'em up and they would be fine. Maybe that is why the military chanel can feature an entire day of gun stuff and keep men transfixed to the screen.

Women are all about pretty and soft, again their are exceptions to the rule, but you can't deny that women are geared to have a much more nurturing personality and demeanor. If we had our way all the tanks would be pink and the boots would have boot jewelry. (Those of you who know me know what that is all about.)

But enough about the differences of boys and girls. Here is the point to today's post. I think from all the turmoil in our homes we have done our children a disservice. Mothers tell their little boys to stop running, put that down, stop banging that stick, don't hit, quit scuffling and so on and so on. It is our nature to be peace makers.

But I believe that God gave boys a warrior spirit and it is there for a reason. Men have had to fight since the beginning of time to preserve their family and home physically. There has never been a time without war. Warriors are tough and seasoned to difficulties. They don't get sqeemish in a difficult situation, but keep their heads and think clearly for a plan of attack.


Today not as many men go to war. But that doesn't mean that they don't need that warrior spirit which God gave them. Why, you ask, would they need that if they were not going to war. Because they still need to fight for their families. They need to fight in faith against an unseen enemy who is just as ruthless as any ever seen. They need to be tough and strong when the world says the economy is going down the tubes and assure their family that he will fight for them and they will flourish as he seeks God.

I believe with all my heart that children need to be raised by two parents. They need that balance. I think as mothers we tend to nurture the softer side of our sons rather than that warrior spirit which is often offensive to us. Men need fathers to nurture that part of boys. Only they know how to truly do that.


If you are a single mom please don't be discouraged by this post. I was a single mom most of my life. You can do it. My boys are tough. I let go and let them be boys, as if there would have been any stopping it. So if you are a single mom allow your son to spend guy time with a grandfather or uncle or a good male friend of the family. Let them get dirty and stinky and hit things. For when it is all over they will want your soft gently arms to rest in as they sleep.

Now for the girls... Click HERE

Nancy Jackson, daydreamer extraordinaire


DAY JOB LINKS...
Dreams Do Come True
Dragonfly In Amber Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment