Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Book of Eli

On Valentine's Day Rick took me to a movie.  We passed lines upon lines of people waiting to see Valentine's Day.  Oh, but not us, we weren't going to go see some mushy love story on Valentine's Day, or were we?


I vaguely remembered having seen a movie trailer either on tv or at a previous movie, but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was about.  But I love movies and am game for just about anything.


The setting is about 30 years after the last war.  The land is ravaged and desolate.  The filmographer enhanced the darkness and drearyness of the time.  There were vandals and theives.  But there was one man traveling, on a mission to walk west.


Denzel Washington plays Eli, a lone traveler with peaceful intentions, but determined not to be stopped.  He has a destiny even in this time of lost hopes and dreams and decay of the soul.  He is carrying with him a precious cargo and he will die to protect it.


Of course there is a villain and he wants the 'book'.  He knows it has power and he lusts after the power of the book.


As we watch Eli on his journey we see this is in deed a love story.  A love story of the Word of God and its creator.


There is a lot of violence and bad language in this movie, and certainly not for the faint of heart.  But I fell in love with the theme and cheered him on.  For I understood his love.  I have it too.


Nancy Jackson, daydreamer extraordinaire


DAY JOB LINKS...
Dreams Do Come True
Dragonfly In Amber Designs
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting movie, Nancy. I'll have to wait for the DVD and no kids or grands around.

    Like you, I think the theme sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Nancy....

    A follower asked me to post a devotion I had written. If you get a chance, check it out and post something....not sure how some of my followers will accept it. Not that I would delete it, but at the same time....well, you never know your readers for sure and I would hate to offend someone. It must be late, I sound pretty senseless ~ more than normal. Thanks!

    http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/2010/02/time-to-dance.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, does sounds good.
    i am going to have to wait too
    but netflix will have it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh again let me apologize for not responding. I've had epic computer problems and am just now back to quasi normal. (Never really what anyone could call normal!!!) LOL!

    Thanks Lynette and Prairiemaid I WILL read and post on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete