Thursday, March 11, 2010

Career Quest No Personal Informaiton on Resume

Avoid Including Personal Information

The topic of a photo on the resume brings about the question of including other personal data on the resume. I strongly discourage this practice. An interviewer is not supposed to ask any question regarding anything personal. You should not be considered for a position based on race, sex, health or marital status. Business is business and personal is personal, keep the two separate.

If the job requires extensive travel,

Instead of stating on your resume:

"I am single with no family obligations which would prevent me from traveling."

State:

"I am willing to travel."


Don't Fold Your Resume

Always, always, mail your resume flat. Never fold a resume and send in a standard envelope. It is it more difficult to handle and doesn't fit well into a file. It also reduces the scanability of the document.

Since you are going to mail your resume flat, you might consider sending it in one of the many types of resume folders available on the market today. I would not put it into a bound folder that would make it difficult to remove. This always frustrates me because it is time consuming and I need the resume loose to be able to deal with it in the accepted manner. I don't mind the resume folders. They protect the resume during mailing and are easy to remove the resume from.

Nancy Jackson, daydreamer extraordinaire


DAY JOB LINKS...
Dreams Do Come True
Dragonfly In Amber Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment